Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Brig

A while ago, my darling doddy Cerpts made a list of movies he was embarrassed about not seeing. Well, as the weeks went by and the calendar pages turned I too began thinking about movies that are always spoken highly of. Specifically movies that are classics and award winners. Here then is my list of movies I have never seen and am just a bit embarrassed about.

Annie Hall - Guess the fact I am not a big Woody Allen fan has something to do with it.

Apocalypse Now - Not a big war movie buff either.

Chinatown - Love Jack, saw The Two Jake's which is supposed to be the sequel but never saw the original.

Easy Rider - No excuse for this one I can think of off hand. I did however see the movie Hog Wild recently and I have seen the Easy Rider magazines on occasion. That has to count for something.

Midnight Cowboy - Guess the fact that this was originally rated X is why I didn't see it when I was younger other than that I don't know why I haven't seen it. Yeah, me not seeing an X rated movie. Doesn't make sense does it?

Raging Bull - Not a big boxing fan either.

Rebel Without a Cause - Actually the only James Dean movie I have seen is Giant.

Schindler's List - I am German and although I don't have anything against the Jewish, I still have never seen this one either.

Shane - Supposed to be one of the best westerns ever made, I'm a sucker for westerns. Why haven't I ever seen it? Dunno.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Not a big G. Peck fan.

The English Patient - Winner of 9 Academy Awards and I ain't never seen it.

An American in Paris - Not a big musical guy either.

It Happened One Night - No idea why I haven't seen this one.

Well that's the short list, there are other classic and award winning films that I have not seen but I didn't put them on the list.

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

Ah, the new look for the blog: Alien Urine Sample!!!

Cerpts said...

Now, don't be embarrassed -- you still have time to see these movies. After all, you ain't hittin' 60 just yet. So allow me to blather (guess you don't have much choice unless you block me from leaving comments HA!)

Annie Hall - I too am not a Woody Allen fan. But, I suppose this is probably the best one to see. I kinda liked it; but obviously not enough to OWN a copy.

Apocalypse Now - Also kinda OK. I didn't think too much of it, though.

Chinatown - the first time I saw it I didn't like it at all. Subsequent viewings made me like it a lot (and yes, I also liked The Two Jakes but it's not really in the same league). So, Chinatown I recommend.

Easy Rider - also didn't think too much of this one. Maybe you have to be stoned?

Midnight Cowboy - believe it or don't I saw this one as a kid. And I mean, a LITTLE kid -- possibly not even in double digits. Yeah, that's right. The only X-rated movie to win best picture. Of course, I saw it edited for television so I guess I really DIDN'T see it, did I. And no, I haven't seen it since and can't remember practically anything about it.

Raging Bull - Hate boxing. DeNiro ain't my cup of tea (especially after Shit For Brains). Consequently, never saw it.

Rebel Without A Cause - I quite liked this one - but only the SECOND time I watched it. And, of course, James Dean fashioned his red jacket after Fry from Futurama.

Schindler's List - Actually very, very good. Although not my idea of a good time, you understand. Liam Neeson's big emotional scene at the end is stunning and Ralph Fiennes was superb as well. Of course, I don't own it since it's not the best choice for movie night.

Shane - Doddy, I never saw this movie until 2 months ago so don't feel too bad. A quite good western. Great fight scene. Jean Arthur's last film (whom I love).

To Kill A Mockingbird - OK, this one I'm gonna chastize you about. A movie from one of my favourite books! Now, I'm not really a Peck fan (I said PECK) either but it doesn't matter. This is a classic.

The English Patient - Nope, never saw it. And for some reason I've never really been in a hurry to see it.

An American in Paris - While I'm not a big musical guy (i.e. Broadway), I am a big MGM musical guy. However, I haven't seen it either! LOL However, I have seen the big ballet sequence from the end of the movie in its entirety (which, since it's what everyone seems to talk about re this film I should get SOME points.)

It Happened One Night - I have no idea why you've never seen this one either since your former wife was the one who made ME watch it. How'd you escape?!?!?! Actually though, this is a very good movie, a classic and well worth seeing.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Well not exactly a fountain of information there were you?

Cerpts said...

Well, yes actually, I was. A fizzy fountain.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

oooohhh I like fizzy foutains!