Thursday, July 20, 2006

Clean Slate

Have I told you how much I hate my job? Why is it that of all the grocery stores I have to work at the one that has major disaster after major disaster. Today exactly 45 minutes before I'm done, the freezer (I work the frozen meat department which is a little different from your regular frozen food department, but not much different) where all my stuff is, decides the sprinkler system for putting out fires needs to erupt. I discovered the fire system thinks fires are best put out with stinky-black-heated water. After the pipe bursts, the water pours into the freezer for about an hour before the fire department decides to shut it off. Of course when it's finally shut off all of the water in the system still has to run out of the pipes and I'm left with 500 gallons of water flowing over the product I'm supposed to stock my freezers with. Which the board of health won't let me use now, thankfully, cause if it was up to management I'd be willing to bet they would want to try and use it anyway. Remember now, the water is running out of a pipe into a freezer, which luckily for me, the freezing part is still working really well. Yeah, it's usually kept anywhere from zero to minus twenty degrees. So therefore as of tomorrow morning all of my back stock which is a pain in the ass to try and keep organized anyway is dumpster bound and I get to try out my new pair of ice skates.. Now how's that for a nice case of Tabula Rasa. And yes Sawyer is hot and Sayid isn't half bad either. Now if they could only get, oh say, a female on the show that is worth watching, we'd be all set!

4 comments:

Cerpts said...

You wouldn't be settin' off the fire sprinklers if you'd change those socks once in a while, dude!


And I think Kate is hot. . .

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Oh I'm not saying Kate isn't worthy of some serious wolbems but dude, they could do better. Although Kate is YOUR type in a cute psycho killer kinda way.

Cerpts said...

What is it about me and psycho women???

Star said...

yo dude. i feel your pain. i am also a supermarket slave. i still have my pair of sassy pink skates from when they needed me to hack up the ice on the freezer floor with a mallet, so if you need to borrow them....