Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dave

Well, seeing as how the Eagles shot their collective wad when they went and lost in the Big Sleazy, (I still say the fix was in!) it means I now get to turn my attention to the Super Bowl. Super Bowl XLI, to be exact. Another one where the best part of it will be the commercials and of course the party that comes with it. That also includes the people there, I'm lookin' at you now Cerpts and, hell, Fink too if his little "ball and chain" he calls a fiance will let him come out for the party. In fact, bring her too since I ain't got the chance to check her out yet. Oh and Cerpts, since I could only come up with the blueberry buckle part of your request, I thought maybe this pic of Mrs. Monaghan would suffice. A short pause while we take another gander at her ... ahh ... that's good eatin right there. OK, back to your normally scheduled blog entry. The week of the Super Bowl will be an awesome week this year. Read on for actual proof. We got the Super Bowl on Sunday February 4th, we got the second half premier of the winter or spring or whatever the frigg they are calling this next bunch of Lost episodes on Wednesday the 7th, then the next night the 8th we have the new season of Survivor starting. This season is in Fiji. This of course is not mentioning the usual collection of Boob Tuberific programming that I also enjoy on a daily basis. The Super Bowl party is gonna make for a great way to kick off the beginning of the spring season, yeah I said spring. It will only be a matter of a few weeks before we turn the clocks ahead since they went and changed when we do that now. Before I get ahead of myself, I want to share some of the philosophy that goes into making a great Super Bowl party, and I've been to and thrown many. One thing they all had in common weather there were a dozen people or two guys at the party they were fun. Cerpts of course has been at all of them, so at the two guy party you can figure out the guest list. That was the very first Super Bowl party for Super Bowl XXX way back in 1995; Dallas vs. Pittsburgh. There is always plenty of food, and the games we play are fun and enjoyable even if the actual football game isn't! So now over twelve years later I'm back at it with more games, more food, and more fun. Still working on that half time entertainment, never know if this will be the year we get the stripper. So yes Cerpts, you are invited, but how the hell do you expect an invite to something that you are a foundational (is that a word? well it is now!) part of? Funny, here's the guy who was the Best Man at my wedding (we all know how that turned out don't we folks) and he gets more excited about a stinkin' Super Bowl (I'm gettin' tired of capitalizing that, but you just gotta, man!) party than he was about that day. Of course at the party it won't be 114 degrees and he probably won't be in a tuxedo so I can see his point. Of course one can never tell can one? The traditional Super Bowl Party is probably the least fussy, most unpretentious party you can go to all year. So, there is no point in holding anything back! Go all out and serve everyone's favorite high fat, finger-licking snack foods. After all, the television set is the focal point, not the food. Or is it? Thinking about the traditional party food for this event- chips, sour cream or cheese dips (onion soup dip springs to mind), chili, salsa, Buffalo wings, cheese balls or curls, pizza (the Domino's kind, thank you very much, not the goat cheese and smoked pheasant kind) - I wonder whether these items are served because they're easy to serve and eat while watching the game, or because this has become the one event where Americans can eat their favorite foods without guilt. Men take the lead at this party, and their tastes have set the tone for the snacks as well as the entertainment. So ladies, LET US! Let's all eat what we enjoy and forget about the diet ramifications or culinary trends at lest for one day! The official online invitation to be posted soon!

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

I'm only gonna eat celery at this shindig!


OK, yeah, the fix DEFINITELY was in so there need be no more said about that. Mate.

YAY!!! I'm foundational. I was WONDERING what that underwire was for. Oh, and way to dis Finky on your blog. Props, homey. But wait . . . was that an invitation for his ball and chain to come to the Super Bowl (you're RIGHT about that capitalization thing) party after all??? Then if we invite her, FINK can be the stripper and that's killing two birds with one stone.


Ha, I said bird.

Have they pushed the premiere of Lost back again. When the hell is it NOW?!?!?!

Way to remember the first Super Bowl party we had. However, we got Little Caesar pizzas for that one. Remember that!?!?!? And how can you actually remember the teams that were playing?!?!? I usually don't know DURING the game.

And yes, I certainly WAS your best man and yes we ALL know how THAT turned out but you can't blame me for that since I always said (and I said at the time) that the words to the wedding ceremony should be changed from "holy matrimony" to "elbow macaroni" since the whole concept is hollow and bent. And yes, it might very well have been 114 degrees but at least we guys were smart enough to be in the air-conditioned minister's office while the bitches and ho's were sweating in the non-air-conditioned areas. In their fucking Gone With the Wind hoop skirts. In the middle of summer. On the hottest day of the year. Dude, I guess you should've seen it comin' A MILE AWAY!!!!! Anywho, as a famous theologian once said: Bitches can't hang with the streets.

As for Domino's pizza -- it no longer makes me vomit (that honour is reserved for pizza hut) but whattaya got against goat cheese and pheasant pizzas?!?!? I say we order one of them endangered species pizzas with toppings like baby seal eyes (that way you don't actually club and kill 'em -- just blind 'em!). Now, THAT'S my idea of a MANLY Super Bowl snacky-kins! And that's some real conversation for your ass!

Does this mean the baked brie is cancelled?!?!?

And since I didn't see "meatballs" listed on your listy list, does that mean you aren't having any? I mean, hell, I'm not your Mom or anything but I can roll and meatball across your living room carpet with the BEST of them!!!

Oh, and I plan to be REAL manly this year. I'm arriving naked while beating a drum with somebody's leg bone. So, keep this in mind.

Cerpts said...

roll a meatball


roll a meatball

roll a meatball across your living room carpet.

Me type wrong.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Well my word were are you keeping the cannon you got fired out of this week? I don't think I dissed Fink, at least I didn't really mean for it to be a dis if anything it's a dis at the general idea of fiances and marriage itself. Yes it was an invite for her to come to the party as well. Fink stripping? I'll get some bucks to tuck. No the premier of Lost is still the 7 but it's at 10:00 instead of 9:00. Yeah I remember Little Caesar's Pizza they had the bestest crazy bread. Pizza Hut is pretty bad but the got good bread stix. No I actually had meatball sandwiches at the little Xmas time Redneck Reunion I usually have at my diggs and I proudly report that my darling Mummsy didn't spill anything. Naked while beating a drum ... hmmm ... how very Matthew McConaghey of you.