Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Glass Ballerina

There we are, David and I, in our blurry glory. Every four or five weeks, depending on the time of year, I get to go see "My David". He loves it when I call him that! I say depending on the time of year because my hair grows faster in the warmer months so I go more frequent then. David is my personal hair stylist. About 10 years ago give or take I moved to The Shade of the Mighty Maple and eventually grew tired of driving nearly a half hour to get my hair cut. Even though I used to go to Gullo's in Marlton and yes, the girls were hot there I needed to go somewhere closer. After Gullo's changed ownership, in part I believe due to a divorce settlement, it changed location, management, as well as prices and stylists. The girl I usually got quit and went to work in Medford which is even further away. The prices went up and I couldn't find a stylist I liked. Although it was in Gullo's that I got my first man induced erection, so I guess the prices weren't the only thing that went up, but I digress. During a time when I was driving around town, I noticed a place called Shear Energy. I decided to stop in to get a hair cut. Thus bloomed the 10 year love fest with "My David". I have never had anyone style my hair the way he does. The straddling my knee while he trims my beard aside, they are after all only perks, he throws that in for free with the service. I've been a client of David through his becoming a widower when his partner died as well as almost loosing him. It was a spring morning somewhere around 2001 that David awoke with an incredible head ache. All it did was worsen and soon he was in the Emergency Room with a brain hemorrhage. He was lucky to be alive. I was told about it the day after it happened when I went for my normal appointment. At the time they still didn't know if he was going to make it. I was crushed. Not only was a friend of mine gravely ill and I was concerned for his health but where the hell was I gonna get my Doo done now? For almost one year (I think that's how long it was anyway) I suffered through someone else cutting my hair, I almost considered going back to Gullo's but the drive was not worth it so I stayed with Shear Energy. One day I walked into Shear Energy and to my surprise there stood David behind a styling chair. He was back. A little thinner (now since corrected), and still a bit weak but it was David. Happily, we are still together. I love hearing all his stories about his love life (but I fear he's turning into a video chat room Floozie) and he loves hearing all of my rough around the edges redneck stories (my metro sexual ones too, even though he tells me metro is now out). Oh, and in case you are wondering yes, that is my hand on his ass in the picture, and my girlfriend took the picture. Not sure what that says about her?!?!

9 comments:

Faere said...

I'm not sure what that says about me either!?!?!?! Tho it's all good times!

dev38 said...

And I surely don't know what that says about me!!!!!!! Thanks Topher! I love you too!

RussnFuss said...

If I was Denise I'd be concerned about you. Of course she doesn't know you like I do ... or does she? Great pic though at least he gets to run his fingers through your luscious locks!

Cheeks DaBelly said...

You know what we always say Faere ... It's okay as long as it's David!

Dev - have I ever told you I love it when you call me Topher?

Russ did you just say luscious?

Cerpts said...

Wait a minute!!! Wait JUST a minute! How long have you known me and how long ago did you first start going to Gullo's. You do the math and all I wanna know is:

Whatdafuk?!?!?!?!

Cerpts said...

What I'm trying to say is: "Shirley Gullo's was your SECOND!!!!"

Cerpts said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you Shirley.

And is that David putting the clorox to you again?!?!? As he CLEARLY pointed out, metrosexuals are OUT this year!! Come on!

Cerpts said...

OK, and shouldn't the "Lost" episode title used for this be "Dave" instead of "The Glass Ballerina"??? You need to plan better.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Yeah I know about the "Dave" title but some things just kinda pop up. Ok so Gullos gave me my second man induced boner. No, not clorox this time, he coiffing my face pussy in this picture. Actually in a way David is my glass ballerina. He's beautiful, fragile, graceful, put high up on a shelf, and looks better when blown.