Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness

Once again I have decided to dust off the Dharma van and go out for a spin. If I can get it to start, that is. Here she is right where I left her; underneath this tarp I covered her up with. Hey, just because the old blue and white van has been around for nearly 40 years doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be respected or protected. Besides, all those folks that used to be running around the island blowing stuff up all left almost a year ago so they won't be needing this tarp anymore. Get the door open here and climb in. Whew, dampness must have helped the rust get in a bit more, you hear that door hinge groan? Now let's see if I can get her to start. Keys, keys, keys, not in the ignition, of course I didn't leave them there. Nope, not tucked away under the sun-visor either. Pocket; well not in my top pockets. This damn Dharma jumpsuit has so many pockets I gotta have them somewhere. Wait, here they are, of course in the last pocket I checked. Yep, that's them alright, dangling from the rabbits foot key chain (Ben would not approve) I put them on so many years ago. Say a little prayer to the island gods and give her a crank... SWEET! She started up pretty quick. Guess this is something we're supposed to do! Now to back her out of here I gotta look out the back window since the rear view mirror fell off since the last time I drove it. OK, transmission seems to be good in reverse. A little gas and - hey, what's this in the back seat? No, not the gas mask or the empty Dharma beer cans. I'm talking about that paper. More importantly what's written on that piece of paper! It's not a map; it almost looks like a schematic drawing or something. Here, you look at it. Can you tell what it is?




No comments: