Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Hunt For Red October Part 2

We are still over three months away from the new season of LOST so I need to do something on this blog other than LOST related material. Now I know seeing as how it is getting close to Halloween a certain somebody :cough:cerpts:cough: suggested I do a Halloween themed blog for the month of October but I did that a couple years ago and want to wait at least one more year before I do it again. But I still need to do something. After this season of LOST is over what else am I gonna do besides poop stories? I decided that I had need to start branching out a little. So let's turn to baseball. Phillie's baseball. The 2009 NL East Champion Phillies! Let me introduce you to a couple of the players on the team.



Let's start with this guy, the Phillie's lead off hitter and shortstop #11 Jimmy Rollins or "J-Roll" as he is called. This three time all star said the Phillies were the team to beat in 2008 and he was right. Looks like they may end up being the team to beat in '09 as well. His teammates agree that "when Jimmy goes, we go.", meaning that when Jimmy is on a hot streak so is the team. Jimmy is a two time golden glove winner and the 2007 most valuable player of the national league.

Shane Victorino, dubbed "The Flyin' Hawaiian" is the Phillie's all star center fielder. He got his nickname because he is quite possibly the fastest player on the team (J-Roll may disagree with that thought) and #8 hails from Wailuku, Hawaii. Either way, Shane Victorino is definitely one of the emotional leaders of the team as his following grows and fans continue to claim their spot on "The Pineapple Express".



This doesn't mean I won't be giving you all of the updates I can concerning LOST, you know I will. When I know, you know.


And it doesn't mean I won't be acknowledging Halloween either. That just can't happen! After all, Halloween is my favorite day of the year (for some, Halloween is 365). So there is definitely some Spooktacular fun on the way.




Like I said, here's a set photo (complete with some sort of screw up thanks to blogger not uploading the pic properly for some reason) from LOST. Hopefully you can make out that it is the swing set in Othersville. Reports say that the area looks similar to the way it did the last time we saw it however it is getting a make under. Meaning they are making it look old, complete with rust and other accoutrements.




I don't know who Detective Rassmussen is but Ethan is back if the sign on the trailer is to be believed. Which it is and I do.
So fear not, October looks as though it could be a very active month here on the DAG Project. LOST reports, Halloween, and the Phillies try to repeat as World Series Champs in 2009. Let the hunt for a red October begin.










No comments: