Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa's Got a Brand New (Mail)Bag




The winter weather I was counting on sort of fizzled out. Instead of snow we got a little freezing rain (that I nearly busted my ass walking across unawares, as I left the monitoring station on the way to WAWA to grab meself a cup of coffee) and as it is now nearly noon here at the DAG project it has changed over to just rain. Blah. But one thing the weather does not change is the fact that I have pulled out my mail bag, and have opened said mail bag. Upon doing so I will now answer some reader mail.


First up I have a question from Yensid The Magnificent and he wants to know when I am planning on going back to the Magic Kingdom and the rest of the World of the Mouse. Well, Yensid, I can tell you that the misses and I are planning a trip down south in about a month. We will be taking our yearly January hiatus to get some warmth (hopefully, last year it went down into the 20's and 30's the first couple nights there) and fun. We are getting so excited to go again and to hold us over, here is a picture from our last trip:







Oh, wait, sorry, never mind that's not the pic I thought it was. Moving on.

LostGuy23 asks if we have any pics of the Frozen Donkey Wheel and what it has been doing since it was last turned by Locke early last season. Well LG, as luck would have it I actually do have a picture of the wheel and it appears that the FDW has been doubling as a huge paper weight lately since it has not been seen recently doing much of anything. Thanks to PF108 over at DarkUFO for this photo.



Moving on to other LOST mail. Instead of a question, our mailbox was loaded with some set pics from a couple fellow LOST fans. Here is the report and pics we got from CoupleOfLostFreaks. We send our thanks along with a huge jar of ranch dressing to them. Here are some pics of The Temple set that looks to have been expanded.




Looks to be in better shape than it was when Ben and Locke went inside in fact it seems to be better than when Richard took a wounded Ben inside after Sayid shot Ben.


A google and a wikipedia drive by tells me that this is definitely a reference to Hinduism and Trimurti (here's a link if you wanna go check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti


Looks like there is some water in front of the Temple, this may or may not be edited out later so don't put too much onus on that. Hahaha I said onus.


This door looks old and what is it attached to? I will go with that it is another entry to the Temple but it would be cool if it was an ancient "station" that DHARMA later used, wouldn't it?


Another statue in the foundation of the Temple. Supporting the "three Gods" theory that the Trimurti could reference, this statue has a different face than the other one. It is reported that there was a third as well. And yes, like last year I will again be in Disney for the season premier this year on February 2.

I got another request from Smooch2DaBooch asking (or perhaps daring) me to post a picture of an Easter decoration being used as a Christmas decoration. Either way, your wish is my command:


I received a very odd request from Amy over at JulietsBookClub. Amy asked if I had ever seen two giant lit up penises used as Christmas decorations. Unfortunately Amy, I have:




and now, since you had to go and drag up those old memories, you have as well!

We have time for one more letter and this one is from SulietFansHateJaters and he or she (but I kinda think it is a she) writes:

"I gotta admit I love going to your blog reading about LOST especially during the seasons when the sho wis (sic.) on tv. I know it gets difficult to keep the blog active when the show is in its downtime but I believe someone asked before (maybe your friend crepts) what you would be doing when the show ends. I do enjoy what you are doing for the holidays this year and I like getting to see the Xmas videos. I am having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year. Maybe you could do something to get me more in the mood to "make with the merry" as you put it."



Here inside of the security office, cookies are baking and filling the air with their mouth watering scent, presents are being wrapped, the lights are blinking away outside and making the compound look very festive. The doggies even have their holiday bandannas on. The DAG Project Christmas tree is about to be cut down and dragged into the monitoring station so we can give it a grand trimming but yet something still feels a bit off. What did we forget? Oh, wait I know:






Now it really feels like Christmas!

No comments: