Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Triple Shot Of Christmas Cheer

Here are some scenes from the classic Rudolph cartoon. First we have the Burl Ives classic:




Then we have the ending credits of the cartoon and here is where I have a problem. View it first and then we will discuss:



OK, I have watched this cartoon at least once almost every year for as long as I can remember. So that means I have seen this cartoon nearly forty times. Never once have I realized until this year that in the ending credits the elf in the back seat of the sleigh is a murderer! That's right, a murderer. I will explain. Call upon your knowledge of the cartoon and you may remember the island of misfit toys, on that island there is a bird that can't fly. The same bird that the elf removes from the bag and unlike the rest of the toys, he doesn't give it an umbrella before he tosses it away. Yes, he tosses it so that it plunges to it's death! You will never watch this cartoon the same way again.

But wait, there's more:







Did you also notice that at the beginning of the cartoon the Roman numerals claim the cartoon was made in 1164. Soooo festive! And I wonder why children are so scarred!


No comments: