Sunday, December 20, 2009

Song of the Year Nominees

Here are the songs that are in the running for song of the year in no particular order unless I did them alphabetically, which I think I will:






I Got A Feelin' - Black Eyed Peas






I'm Yours - Jason Mraz






People are Crazy - Billy Currington






Please Don't Leave Me - Pink






Poker Face - Lady Gaga






Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon






Viva La Vida - Coldplay (sorry but this was the best video I could get that was able to be embedded onto the blog)







You Found Me - The Fray



Give me your votes I would be interested to know how the visitors to the blog feel about the songs.

Winner will be declared sometime before New Years Day.

6 comments:

Cerpts said...

In this list of songulas, I will have to give my vote to SEX ON FIRE. Observations: The Fray sounds like they've listened to a lot of John Mayer cds (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the Billy Currington song has the same chord progression as I SWEAR I HEARD THE NIGHT TALKIN' (you know I'm good at pickin' stuff like that out)which means it would make a really good mash up with dat song. Coldplay has fallen from grace with me since those long ago days when they won album of the year in 2000; their first album was a classic, their second was merely OK and everything since has been a yawn to me. And I sadly don't get the whole Jason Mraz thing. So, since RUNNING BEAR is not nominated this year, I'll have to go with SEX ON FIRE.

Oh and I really like the new blog template by the way.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

thanks for liking the template and since you commented on it, it must mean it is almost time to change it

oh and of course I had to go and test your theory on the two songs and the chord progression, you are so on with that one it is uncanny.

Cerpts said...

"Uncanny" is a word quite often used when people describe me. Another one is "Certifiable".

And now I change my mind and want the song of the year to be DOMINICK THE DONKEY.

Cerpts said...

And no, actually, DOMINICK THE DONKEY is NOT one of my favourite Christmas songs; that was Shit For Brains.

I don't mind it though.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I meant O Holy Night was one of your favs not Dominick the Donkey and why the fuck are we commenting that post on this post's comments? I have lost control of this blog and I don't know when it happened....I don't know if I ever had it.

Cerpts said...

News flash:


You di'int.